Guidelines & Eligibility
ELIGIBILITY FOR FUNDING
In order to assist your application eligibility, please note The Anthony Costa Foundation guidelines & criteria for all applicants.
The recipient must:
- have DGR status under item 1 of the table in section 30 – 15 of ITAA 97 (Note in certain circumstances the Foundation accepts auspicing through appropriately qualified organisations);
- Primarily focussed on Geelong region and other regional locations in which Costa Asset Management invests; and
- Operate within the Areas of Focus for the Foundation;
- agree to the Foundation’s Grant Conditions
The Foundation does not support charities that operate in the following areas:
- Political activities
- Religious organisations when funds would be used in whole or in part to further the organisation’s religious purposes (proselytising)
- Purely Event Sponsorships (unless sponsorship or recognition of the Foundation forms part of a broader program, which meets the Foundations Eligibility for funding)
- Attendance at Conferences or fundraising events
- Sporting Clubs or Events
- Restoration or heritage listed buildings
- Retrospective or duplicated funding
- Programs that discriminate or create community conflicts
- Previous grant recipients who have not completed reporting and acquittal requirements
An acquittal is the process of evaluating and reporting on the outcomes of funds provided. As part of the conditions for receiving a Grant, recipients will be required to complete an acquittal report for each grant, containing the information below.
The acquittal Report must be completed at the either when the funds have been spent, the end of the project or for multi year grants, at the end of each financial year. Grant recipients may be required to hand back grant monies received and will be ineligible for any further grants if the Acquittal process is incomplete and ongoing funding may be conditional on satisfactory results of the acquittal process.
- Project Title
- Date Project Undertaken/Completed
- A brief explanation of the outcomes of the Project, the needs that were met , who benefitted and how they benefitted
- Total Project Cost ($)
- Grant Amount Received ($)
- Budget: attach copies of all significant receipts/invoices where possible. Provide an outline of income and expenditure and where the Anthony Costa Foundation grant has been used
- Sign off on accuracy by an Authorised Person of the Grant Recipient
- Where possible, personal contact details of a Board member or person nominated by the Board of the Grant Recipient.